I go to sleep for 8 hours, and this is the thanks I get! ;)

But on a more serious note, I think we should pull a hedge fund move,
(or maybe quantum entanglement?) and add to the newline patch, some
lines that would change the color of the CouchDB logo from red to
blue.

OK actually - I have a new opinion about the newlines stuff. Since I
really don't care all that much, and I don't see a canonical JSON
format happening anytime soon, I'm fine with returning newlines at the
end of our responses.

Some implementation notes:

I haven't looked at the patch lately, but I know that there are lots
of little places in the code that it will have to touch.

Also, and we haven't discussed this nearly as much as we probably
should, the implementation of JSONP would be quite similar. To
implement JSONP we'll need to do something like this:

USER_SPECIFIED_CALLBACK_NAME + "(" + CouchDB's JSON response + ");"

So it's like the newline at the end patch, but also at the beginnings...

That is all.

Chris

--
Chris Anderson