On 25 Mar 2009, at 09:48, Sven Helmberger wrote:

Noah Slater schrieb:
Hello,
This is the first release after graduating the ASF Incubator.
All 0.9.0 blockers have been resolved and I would like call a vote for release. We encourage the whole community to download and test these release artifacts so that any critical issues can be resolved before the release is made. Everyone is
free to vote on this release, so get stuck in!
We are voting on the following release artifacts:
 http://people.apache.org/~nslater/dist/0.9.0/
These artifacts have been built from the 0.9.0 tag in Subversion:
 http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/couchdb/tags/0.9.0/
Happy voting,

What's up with tickets like

are they effectively dead now or are we accepting additional format breakage after 0.9 now?

Yes, 0.9 is not an API-freeze release. Although we planned for it, it was not feasible to hold back the release any longer in favour of a fixed API which is why a future pre 1.0 version will get the feature freeze. I think this is a
useful feature and we should have it for at least 1.0 if not earlier.

(Patches welcome :)

Cheers
Jan