On Sun, Jul 05, 2009 at 02:20:55PM -0700, Stephan Wehner wrote:
> I call that the javascript - trap :-)

Isn't the whole of Futon done with static HTML and JavaScript?

> I think it would be worthwhile [..] to cover the non-javascript case

If the above is true, I'm not sure this makes any sense.

> offer the functionality through a parameter in the URL

Which would only be picked up by the JavaScript, so...

> Then one can bookmark those URL's, pass them along to other people

Arguably, showing the sidebar or not is personal preference for the display of
the resource, and so it shouldn't be showing up in the URI. So, to extrapolate
from that, we should probably set a cookie with JavaScript.

Best,