I sort of agree with you, but in all fairness some of the core programmers have
weighed in.

To repeat my earlier post, I think it's a good time to put some stakes in the
ground with respect to direction. I'm sure there are a number of parties
interested in extending and making use of the internals and a lot has been
discussed in terms of what could be done. A roadmap would be nice, especially
since there is growing corporate support, a key selling point for CouchDB.