Hi,

I should better ask before I open a ticket. I think it is a kind of replication
bug:

Steps to reproduce on CouchDB 1.01:

1. Create a database 'test' on a CouchDB server. Note must be somewhere on
remote location not local!!!
2. Put document 'doc' to the remote db.
3. Create local database 'test'
4. Pull replication from the local server:

curl -X POST -d '{"source":"test","target":
"'http://remote-location:5984/test'" }'  http://localhost:5984/_replicate

5. Attach a text file to the replicated document on the local db
6. Push replication from the local server:

curl -X POST -d '{"source": "'http://remote-location:5984/test'","target":
"test" }'  http://localhost:5984/_replicate

7. Try to DELETE the document on the remote database location.

There are two documents with the same name but different revision numbers. You
can see this just if you try to delete the document.
If you repeat the procedure for another attachment you have to delete two
documents before you delete the whole document record.
The revision number is incremented and the replication makes another copy of
the document with the same name  but different revision number on the remote
database. This happens only with documents containing attachments and only by
replication between different databases on different servers.

I was able to reproduce this with CouchdDB (1.0.1) on MacOSX, WinXP and Win7
changing the rules of local and remote servers.

Cheers
Nikolai