Hi Adam,

 The words "pull" in step 4 and "push" in step 6 are correct. I exchanged the
places of the curl commands ...

The idea is common scenario ... to have master db and each slave server get
local copy of the master, make local changes ... (attach new files) and send
the modified copy back to the master. The problem appears only if the documents
have been updated with new attachments and only between databases  on two
different servers. It looks like by sending back a document updated with new
attachment will affect the _rev number and a kind of side effect appears so if
you try to delete those document on the remote db the last revision of the
document before the update will be still in the database. It could be that this
is correct but I think the delete operation of a document should remove all its
revisions as well, correct?

1.   -  make remote_db  (on different machine!)
2.   -  create a doc  on the  remote_db
3.   -  make local_db (on different machine from the remote couchdb!)
4.   - (trigger from the local couchdb!)  remote_db->local_db
5.   - put an attachment on local_db/doc
6.  - trigger from local couchdb!   local_db -> remote_db
7.  - try to delete the remote_db/doc
       the result should be the last _rev is deleted but a copy of the doc is
still in the remote_db with the initial _rev number.

I am almost sure it is a bug because if you try this on a one couchdb server
there is no such a problem. If you try with document without attachment there
is no problem as well and the documents in both last cases are deleted
completely.

Cheers
Nikolai