Have you wholesale replaced the existing build system?

If you have, it's going to be a tad more complex than knocking up a few
makefiles to compile C. There's lots of very complex stuff our build system
copes with at the moment. I'm not convinced it can be replaced by an Erlang
build system and a few shell scripts. We've had chats about improving the build
system before, and I think the consensus is that we wrap an Erlang build system
WITHIN the Autotools system.

What are you thoughts?