On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 7:16 PM, Noah Slater <nsla...@tumbolia.org> wrote:
> Can someone provide assistance on the new Test procedure please:
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/couchdb-dev/201110.mbox/%3CCA+Y+447FXqVGx8ow=ewqm86cn9epb1cnbmvhk9ku4ogujby...@mail.gmail.com%3E
>
> I am not sure how best to update the workflow for Git.

git clone http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/couchdb.git && git
checkout X.Y.Z

The more I think about it, the more I think the requirement to not
require a local checkout is silly. You're still requiring a copy of
the VCS locally. Just because Git can make it a super awesome local
copy of the entire repo seems like something we shouldn't penalize it
for.

Granted, Noah usually has a reasoning, so maybe I'm missing something else?