Bob,

Really appreciate the link; Rick has a handful of articles that helped a
lot.

Along side all the CouchDB reading I've been looking at SSD-optimized data
storage mechanisms and tried to coalesce all of this information into this
post on Couch's file storage format:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/107397941677313236670/posts/CyvwRcvh4vv

It is uncanny how many things Couch seems to have gotten right with regard
to existing storage systems and future flash-based storage systems. I'd
appreciate any corrections, additions or feedback to the post for anyone
interested.

Best,