On Feb 26, 2012, at 13:58 , Bob Dionne wrote:

> -1
>
> R15B on OS X Lion
>
> I rebuilt OTP with an older SSL and that gets past all the crashes (thanks
> Filipe). I still see hangs when running make check, though any particular
> etap that hangs will run ok by itself. The Futon tests never run to
> completion in Chrome without hanging and the standalone JS tests also have
> fails.

What part of this do you consider the -1? Can you try running the JS tests in
Firefox and or Safari? Can you get all tests pass at least once across all
browsers? The cli JS suite isn't supposed to work, so that isn't a criterion.
I've seen the hang in make check for R15B while individual tests run as well,
but I don't consider this blocking. While I understand and support the notion
that tests shouldn't fail, period, we gotta work with what we have and master
already has significant improvements. What would you like to see changed to not
-1 this release?

> I tested the performance of view indexing, using a modest 200K doc db with a
> large complex view and there's a clear regression between 1.1.x and 1.2.x
> Others report similar results

What is a large complex view? The complexity of the map/reduce functions is
rarely an indicator of performance, it's usually input doc size and
output/emit()/reduce data size. How big are the docs in your test and how big
is the returned data? I understand the changes for 1.2.x will improve
larger-data scenarios more significantly.

Cheers
Jan