we tried last winter to do a couchapp - gave up after never really getting it to work - forget kanso - forget the "garden" thing someone mentioned - they are all too complicated

all we wanted was straight forward design docs to load up (no node, no python, just vim ...) and real good docs to go with that

I do believe that couchapp should be a part of the couch release - it's both highly integrated and a principal way to use couch - having it separate means things get out of sync real fast

just my $.02