Agreed.

Not sure we should ship more than one "reference implementation."

And just to be clear, I think the primary goal of this effort, if somebody
undertakes it, is to provide a tool that can bootstrap Futon during the
install process. A secondary goal should be that we can talk about the tool
in the docs, and give people a taste for CouchApps. And the best way to do
that, IMO, is to provide a tool that is simple and focused enough to upload
a dir into a design document. (Unless Futon needs anything more than that?
My CouchApp experience is... Spotty. I have built a few, but I am no
expert.)

--
NS