On 3 November 2012 17:19, Simon Metson <si...@cloudant.com> wrote:

> Hey,
> > At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I would just like to plead
> > with the people who are passionate about this to consider doing this
> within
> > the Apache Git repository. If you want to work on this, but don't have a
> > commit bit, I will give you a commit bit.
> The reason the code so far is in a CouchDB fork is specifically to keep
> you calm and happy ;)

Yep, and thanks! :)

I just think it would be *even cooler* in a feature branch, with commits
from smet...@apache.org. ;)

I think the core of my message was, if the perceived red tape is the only
reason you're doing this in a fork on Github, then I will cut the red tape.
I mean, seriously. I will personally visit each and every one of the PMC
members IRL and take them out for tea and scones and convince them to hand
out commit bits to every person who indicates an interest in working on
this. (* Hoping I am right in thinking I have the full support of the PMC
anyway, and so the whole tea and scones things isn't entirely necessary
thought might be nice anyway??)

Or, let's put it another way. Simon, if you were a committer on the project
already, what would you be doing? Would you be working on a feature branch?
Or would you be working on a Github fork? If the answer is the former,
let's just bloody make you a comitter already. ;) And if the it's the
latter, well then, fair enough. I don't have a problem with Github. I think
Github is great, and I am 100% behind enabling people to basically work
however they like.

--
NS