On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 11:37 AM, Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org> wrote:

> > My +0 means that i don't want to block on that vote. I'm uncomfortable to
> release a documentation that isn't totally under the apache 2 license since
> I don't know what could be the impact on the distribution of it by others
> in their own projects. WHich is the point of using the apache 2 license.
> Now I guess it can be OK if we fix in next minor release.
>
> Benoit, we have lots and lots of components of CouchDB that are not under
> the Apache license. This is not a problem.

which one ? All of included code which have a specific license are
specified in the NOTICE file. If not this is wrong.

> All that matters is that we have
> the legal right to distribute the bits and bites in the tarball, and that
> our downstream users have the same rights. Which we have established
> on-list, even if it is not documented properly in the tarball itself.

That's not totally true.

http://www.apache.org/foundation/license-faq.html#Scope

We *mus*t document third-party license. This also a way to make sure we
don't use any code that could prohibit any commercial use. Which is the
case if some part of the doc is under an unclear license.

- benoit