On 10 December 2013 at 2:55:22 PM, Alexander Shorin (kxe...@gmail.com) wrote:

On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 4:46 PM, Andy Wenk <a...@nms.de> wrote:
> On 9 December 2013 13:09, Simon Metson <si...@cloudant.com> wrote:
>
>> > Yes, but the URL is `/_utils/fauxton/`, isn’t it?
>> >

>> It is indeed
>>

> Unfortunately I was not able to find the conversation we had. But I do
> remember that there has been the question, why we cannot have both URL's to
> access Fauxton:
>
> /_utils/fauxton
> /_utils/fauxton/
>
> And I do remember, that there has been the info, that we can only use the
> second version - what is indeed annoying. If there are no problems with
> both (what I assume is what you are both saying), then we should create a
> Jira ticket and fix it. Or we wait till fauxton will become /_utils/ :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I see that CouchDB handles both /_utils
and /_utils/ only because of special case in http handler:
https://github.com/apache/couchdb/blob/master/src/couchdb/couch_httpd_misc_handlers.erl#L66

While this issue isn't annoying, I think the better fix is to get
ready Fauxton and replace Futon with it instead of having yet another
redirect case in handler's code (:
I agree.

--