On 10 Dec 2013, at 13:54 , Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> It is indeed
>>>

>> Unfortunately I was not able to find the conversation we had. But I do
>> remember that there has been the question, why we cannot have both URL's to
>> access Fauxton:
>>
>> /_utils/fauxton
>> /_utils/fauxton/
>>
>> And I do remember, that there has been the info, that we can only use the
>> second version - what is indeed annoying. If there are no problems with
>> both (what I assume is what you are both saying), then we should create a
>> Jira ticket and fix it. Or we wait till fauxton will become /_utils/ :)
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but I see that CouchDB handles both /_utils
> and /_utils/ only because of special case in http handler:
> https://github.com/apache/couchdb/blob/master/src/couchdb/couch_httpd_misc_handlers.erl#L66
> While this issue isn't annoying, I think the better fix is to get
> ready Fauxton and replace Futon with it instead of having yet another
> redirect case in handler's code (:

I assume that at least for the next release Fauxton will not be ready and we
haven’t yet resolved how to actually do the transition
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-1954) I strongly suggest we do
in fact add another special clause to that function to support both
/_utils/fauxton/ and /_utils/fauxton

Best
Jan