On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 3:08 AM, Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 5:56 AM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 2:50 AM, Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
> wrote:

> >> COUCHDB-1986 issue

> >> I'm very sure that this is something related to Erlang itself since
> >> I'd failed to reproduce this issue on FreeBSD 9.1 (spidermonkey 1.7.0,
> >> erlang 15B02, vbox guest) for long series of test runs, while it
> >> always raises on FreeBSD 10 with Erlang R16B02 which Dave gave me for
> >> testing. I also tried to run this test within same environment for
> >> older releases in attempts to locate broken commit, but our 1.5 and
> >> 1.4 releases are also affected to the same issue. Again, everything is
> >> fine on host with R15.
> >>

> > Well see my comments and the one from dch. It may be another cause than
> > Erlang. It's most probably something deep in the couch_replicator code.
> > Latest changes init make the problem disappear on my machine while Andy
> was
> > still able to reproduce it. So in something is preventing the replicator
> > timeout correctly.
>
> About side effect from COUCHDB-1953? I'm not sure that this is related
> (but it could introduce accidental "fix" since attachments replication
> becomes faster) since for now I see that this issue is strongly
> depended from OS and Erlang version.
>
> No. see the *latest* comment.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-1986?focusedCommentId=13882243

What I am swaying is that even if the fix is unrelated it is actually
fixing this error on my mac. I am pretty sure that this error don't happen
on other systems because they are fast enough. I am actually wondering what
is preventing it to timeout. Also not that it was also harder to reproduce
in 1.5 so...

- benoit