answering from my phone.

On Wednesday, February 19, 2014, Robert Samuel Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
wrote:

> Contributors can still contribute patch files via JIRA as we've done for
> many years, no reason to change that.

Except that if  you don't get the diff from the pr in your mail you have no
way to respond to it except if you go on github.

> Using github pull requests is for the day-to-day core development team to
> move quickly while still reviewing what we do. Every useful output of that
> effort will land in our git repository (the fixes / features themselves) or
> the mailing list (the review comments).

since when it became the day-to-day core dev team to move? that's new. I am
not disagreeing about using github to host some data but it should be just
an external way to review, pos a request. Not the main.

> I share your general concern about depending on non-ASF infrastructure,
> but in this case it is transient (github can go offline or out of business
> after we've merged pull requests to git-wip-us without affecting us) and
> replaceable with some effort. I've seen Gerrit a bit and I like it, fwiw.
>
> World-weary comments like "And I am tired none pay attention to such
> detail" is neither constructive nor fair, it would be nice to conduct at
> least one discussion on dev@ without them.

 I am calling a cat a cat and beeing honnest about what i feel. Not having
a way to get the PR diffs in the ml is losing history. Having comments
without their context attached on the ml  is losing history. github is
offline you have no way to answer to it.

- benoƮt