From: Dirkjan Ochtman dirk...@ochtman.nl(mailto:dirk...@ochtman.nl)
Reply: dev@couchdb.apache.org
dev@couchdb.apache.org(mailto:dev@couchdb.apache.org)
Date: 14. Mai 2014 at 15:26:46
To: dev@couchdb.apache.org dev@couchdb.apache.org(mailto:dev@couchdb.apache.org)
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 1.6.0-rc.5

> On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 3:30 AM, Alexander Shorin wrote:
> >>
> >> Ugh. Do we have any ideas about this?
> >
> > Probably, another floating test failure, but I couldn't reproduce it
> > no matter how I tried.
>
> So are we going to say this is a fluke and we'll leave it for now?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dirkjan

From a procedural point of view, I’m OK with this, viz
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Release_Procedure

> A successful vote needs a majority approval and at least three +1 binding
> votes.
> A binding vote is a vote cast by a member of the PMC.

We have these so far.

> Release may not be vetoed, but any -1 votes should be taken seriously.

And none of those. If this issue was repeatable then one could open a JIRA and
tag it for the next release.

> The release manager has the power to abort a vote at any point and for any
> reason.

So the metaphorical tennis ball is in your metaphorical court. Use your magic
sceptre wisely!

—
Dave Cottlehuber
d...@jsonified.com