Hi everyone,

I would like to write down some ideas I had, because there is high
probability I'm going to forgot them soon :)

This idea targets a way to implement server-side security by using views
only, instead of view+list. If possible, It may open up a wide range of new
possibilities for app devs.

Given that views know nothing about userCtx, is it possible to enhance the
_rewrite engine to create/overwrite a reserved dynamic variable, named
":userCtxName" with the value of userCtx.name? This variable could then be
effectively used within the "to" or "query" rewriting rule attributes, as
example, to perform read ACL at view level directly.

More generally the question is: can _rewrite engine be improved to include
userCtx concepts? Which could be the drawbacks?

Ok, ideas finished. I won't bother you anymore. :)

--
Giovanni Lenzi
www.smileupps.com