Hi, Jan.

Sorry for late response.

On Fri, Jul 3, 2015 at 12:00 AM, Jan Lehnardt <j...@apache.org> wrote:
> Like Robert’s proposal said, for “clusters of one”, we can just show the
> config screen.

Good, that will works. I seems missed this moment (:

>> - Sorry, 2.0 is not friendly for simple setups...
>
> When we release 2.0 we can say that there are major changes and that for
> that reason, some of the convenience of the 1.x series is temporarily
> missing. And at the same time say, that we’ll add this back in 2.1. If
> anyone needs the config screen, they can wait.

That would be fair.

> I agree the feature is useful, but if we can’t make it usable, we have
> to keep working on it and maybe land a solution later, e.g. in 2.1. :)
>
> * * *
>
> Or we say Fauxton configuration is a must for 2.0 and this is now a
> blocker, until we have a story for a consistent config store that works
> in small and large clusters.
>
> I’m fine with either way, but we must accept that a new feature can
> take a lot of time and we are rather overdue with 2.0 as it is, hence
> the “documentation” workaround explained above.

So, if config will still be available for single node "cluster" in
Fauxton, it solved the issue. As for multi-node cluster, nobody told
that clusters will make admins live simpler (: We indeed need to find
a solution for 2.1.

--