Hi Clemens!

My own opinion below:

On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 1:32 PM, Clemens Stolle
<clemens.sto...@fastmail.com> wrote:
> - Should we use ubuntu and the PPA instead of building from source? The
> ubuntu base image is 60MB bigger than debian's.

We don't provide any PPA builds to use, especially for 2.0, today.
Ubuntu vs debian - doesn't matter for me.

> - Building from git branches is not feasible in official images. Are there
> tags or pre-release snapshots for 2.0?

There was developer-preview-2.0 branch for that purpose, but it's
outdated for now and quickly becomes after each rebase. For current
state of 2.0 I don't see any point to add special intermediate tags
for reproduceable builds.
Also, it may be a bit rushy to include 2.0 image into officials as
people may accidentally thought that this version is released while
that's not true.

> - How does CouchDB handle signals? Currently couchdb doesn’t respond to
> SIGTERM. I’m not sure if this is caused by my wrapper shell script.

SIGTERM works correctly so far.

--