Thank you Joan and Robert for your inputs.

We have tested with latest master of CouchDB and confirmed that the problem still exists.

Regarding your questions:

- We have tested with single node. We tried both client and server on the same machine and on different machines and it fails on both the cases.

 - The only changes we made to the ini file are :

    * to enable the logging level to debug.

* change bind_address to 0.0.0.0 to let CouchDB listen any available IP address

* change port from 5984 to 5988 as 5984 is used by another application in that machine.

[log]
level = debug

[httpd]
port = 5988
bind_address = 0.0.0.0

 - We do not have any conflict version of the database in the system.

- We have collected the CouchDB logs and Wireshark traces from the failing and passing cases (with delay while writing request body) and uploaded to https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BxTjd-f_AKG5RlpUVHl5RkRiUGs

Please review the logs and let us know whether they are good enough or you need more logs.

 Thank you,
 Nasser Ebrahim