From: "Joan Touzet" <woh...@apache.org>
To: "Dale Harvey" <d...@arandomurl.com>
Cc: "CouchDB Developers" <dev@couchdb.apache.org>, u...@couchdb.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, 20 September, 2017 4:20:51 AM
Subject: Re: Docker images migrated to apache/couchdb

We were explicitly instructed *not* to publish a master version by
ASF staff when given access to the apache/couchdb name space. I
don't know what more I can say here without Infra threatening
to take away the apache/couchdb namespace from us.

We were also told that the "official" namespace that Docker
provides (just 'couchdb' which is being updated to the new
apache/couchdb location) can only use official releases from
upstream, see:

https://github.com/docker-library/official-images/pull/1288#issuecomment-173365497

"...while bleeding edge betas/RCs/etc that have a unique git
hash reference can be supported, building from master should be
done in a non-official image."

-Joan