Hi Mike, just picking out this one snippet:

> On Feb 27, 2019, at 12:16 PM, Michael Fair <mich...@daclubhouse.net> wrote:
>
> If I get a replica of a database from your server, what, if anything,
> prevents me from granting myself access controls to the entire database?

Replication is a client of the API like everyone else and cannot bypass the
access controls on the source. You can only create a replication which has at
most access to all the documents in the database that you can access yourself;
i.e. a replication of a database with per-doc access controls enabled may only
transfer a subset of the documents in the database.

There are certainly a bunch of interesting challenges around providing
identities that are meaningful across multiple servers in different domains,
and I think that’s worth digging into, but I wanted to avoid anyone thinking
that replication could trivially defeat the per-doc _access controls that Jan
has been working on here. Cheers,

Adam