Based on discussion with Russell Branca (chewbranca) in IRC, we need to
abort this RC vote as he is effectively voting -1. Here's the full
transcript of our discussion:

  ------------------------

16:06 <+Wohali> chewbranca: you there? are you seeing these eunit
                context setup errors in 2.3.0 as well as the 2.3.1 RC
                and master?
16:06 <+Wohali> I don't want to hold up 2.3.1 over something that was a
                pre-existing condition, but if it's something that
                changed between 2.3.0 and 2.3.1/master, we need to fix
                it
16:07 <chewbranca> Wohali: well the fundamental issue right now is test
                   suite failures don't fail the build, which IMO should
                   be fixed before any further builds
16:08 <chewbranca> I've been using this diff locally, which fails the
                   `make eunit` check upon an eunit failure:
https://gist.github.com/chewbranca/65d2969ac191a5dfaf87172ace18d2ee
16:08 <chewbranca> not sure that's the best approach, but we need
                   something like that
16:08 <+Wohali> What I'm asking is: do you think this should block the
                release of 2.3.1?
16:08 <+Wohali> By all means PR that to master and let's get shit in
                gear
16:08 <+Wohali> I'm trying to work out when this problem started
                occurring, though.
16:09 <chewbranca> yes, should definitely block any further releases,
                   because unless someone is manually inspecting the
                   eunit output, then we could have test failures
                   bubbling through
16:11 <chewbranca> in theory this particular issue was introduced 26
                   days ago with the change to running individual eunit
                   tests:
https://github.com/apache/couchdb/commit/20bbfbf972ad1f822e2ef1edfb3d47f2cec3f639
16:11 <chewbranca> so this is probably a new thing, but we've definitely
                   had issues with eunit over the years
16:12 <chewbranca> Wohali: I can make a quick PR with the diff I pasted
                   above and then we should be good to go IMO, but it
                   wouldn't hurt to see if there's a more proper way to
                   do that in a Makefile than just `|| exit 1`
16:16 <+Wohali> chewbranca: are you 100% sure that context setup
                failures mean the tests are actually failing? They seem
                to be running and passing even after that. I'm too
                unfamiliar to know for sure.
16:17 <+Wohali> chewbranca: that change you linked isn't in 2.3.1.
16:17 <chewbranca> context setup failure means that setting up a series
                   of eunit test generators failed and those tests
                   aren't being executed
16:17 <+Wohali> ok.
16:18 <chewbranca> those will fail if you do `|| exit 1`, but they
                   continue running today because we don't exit on the
                   individual eunit runs
16:18 <+Wohali> 2.3.1 has a critical fix for buffer sizes that we need
                to get out there. WOuld you accept me manually reviewing
                the output of 2.3.1's test suite  to ensure no context
                setup failures?
16:18 <+Wohali> then we make this a blocker for 2.4.0?
16:18 <chewbranca> what I linked above is just a diff that I've been
                   using locally because I wanted the suite to fail, and
                   it works
16:19 <chewbranca> Wohali: IMO let's just add that diff and then if
                   folks know a more proper Makefile approach to doing
                   that type of thing then they can fix it later
16:19 <+Wohali> to both 2.3.1 and master? And to Makefile.Win I presume?
                ;) Then we'll have to cancel the current RC and re-spin.
16:25 <chewbranca> https://github.com/apache/couchdb/pull/1951