On 2020-05-22 13:31, Joan Touzet wrote:
I haven't gotten a lot of feedback on this proposal. (I know a lot of people are marching towards deadlines right now.) I also don't want to take it to users@, unless there's a reality of it happening.

In the interest of moving this forward, I'm going to open an exploratory issue with Infra to see how much work it'd be to make this happen. Hopefully, we're not the first people to ask.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-20301 has been filed.

We'll still need a vote here, or on users@, before we would actually move activity to GH Discussions, but it won't be the gating factor for a while yet, I bet.

FYI, per our project guidelines/bylaws, this would be a non-technical decision, allowing for lazy consensus and a lazy majority (3 binding +1s, more binding +1s than binding -1s), with binding votes cast by committers, and no vetos.

-Joan