On 6/2/22 21:40, Nick Vatamaniuc wrote:

2. Move docs to the main repo.

We noticed that the docs repo tags/branches can get out-of-sync with
the main couchdb repo. We have been merging features in main when they
apply only to 3.2.x and it requires care to keep track of what gets
merged and ported between branches. The idea is to simplify and make
it automatic so docs always follow the main repo so merging and
porting happens in one place only.

I think I'm in favor of this. I can think of several times when it would have simplified things.  But I'm curious: Why hasn't this been done before? Or why did we start with separate repos? Are there any drawbacks we should be considering?

For example, would CI or automated builds be made more difficult or slow?

What does everyone think?

Thanks,
-Nick