A few months ago, I developed a version of rat for sbt to be used for the
Log4j Scala API subcomponent. At the time, I developed this externally and
have been publishing the releases to Maven Central, though sbt plugins
should also be uploaded to the normal sbt plugin repository.

Project:
https://github.com/jvz/sbt-rat

Used originally in:
https://github.com/apache/logging-log4j-scala

I brought this up on the Incubator list a while back, and one of the
podlings also started using the plugin (along with some improvements).
After seeing that this project seems to be somewhat inactive, I wanted to
help rejuvenate this as these plugins are used extensively throughout the
ASF, particularly during incubation.

Being an sbt plugin, I don't think this can be easily built with Maven, so
this probably can't exist as a normal module in the regular rat project,
though if there are ideas on how to integrate it directly, I'd like to do
that. Otherwise, we could make a separate repo for it.

--
Matt Sicker <boa...@gmail.com>