There is a lot of config handling, maybe PostLemmas is being set to true or
configInit() is not setting up  the NLM wrapper incorrectly.

ctakes-lvg *README*
Note: as distributed, PostLemmas is set to false.  This is done to reduce
the size of the CAS.
Set PostLemmas to true to have org.apache.ctakes.typesystem.type.Lemma
annotations added to the CAS.

*LvgAnnotator.xml *
PostLemmas = True

*LvgAnnotator.java*