From: Anusha Balasubramaniam
<anus...@foreseemed.com<mailto:anusha%20balasubramaniam%20%3canus...@foreseemed.com%3e>>
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org<mailto:dev@ctakes.apache.org>
Subject: Looking for cTakes deployment strategies [EXTERNAL]
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2019 10:40:55 -0800

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a strategy to use cTakes to asynchronously process
thousands of clinical notes by listening to a queue on AWS and maintaining
a hot process with all the dictionaries loaded in memory. So far I've had
some success using the REST server wrapper I found here:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_dirkweissenborn_ctakes-2Dserver&d=DwIBaQ&c=qS4goWBT7poplM69zy_3xhKwEW14JZMSdioCoppxeFU&r=Heup-IbsIg9Q1TPOylpP9FE4GTK-OqdTDRRNQXipowRLRjx0ibQrHEo8uYx6674h&m=YqHlEhy_rtyv1ECpkh6Nju79T2jpGNkfIfaDhI6C4nw&s=49CVRWzKU6zTCFHD70RiQCbBdtOLb9uZHsNa3HY7hg4&e=,
 but it's still a
synchronous call, which I found hard to scale.
Are there any other wrappers out there that could be used to enable cTakes
to listen to a port for input? Can anyone share some strategies they used
to implement cTakes on AWS to achieve similar requirements?

Thanks and Regards,
Anusha