From: Joseph Erfani <yerf...@foreseemed.com>
Sent: Monday, January 28, 2019 6:19 PM
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: Re: Looking for cTakes deployment strategies [EXTERNAL]

Hello everyone,
I have a question regarding the cTakes sentence detector. I am using
the "SentenceDetectorAnnotator.xml"
analysis engine located in the ctakes-core for sentence boundary detection.
It seems that the sentence boundary engine is not able to find the sentence
boundary, when a sentence is finished with a carriage return instead of a
period or several spaces.
e.g. the note
"He is a smoker
He has hypertension"

all the text is considered as one sentence, while there is a carriage
return after the word 'smoker' (at the end of the first sentence).
Have you encountered similar problem or do  you  have any suggestion for
this?

Thank you
Yousof