Hi Akram

It's not a matter of instructions.  It's not been made easy because
obviously we won't want people to do it.    It's a matter of writing code
that serves as an intermediary between ctakes and the UMLS authentication
service or a simulated version thereof.  As an example, I have a use case
where the instance of ctakes is buried deep in a PHI protected environment
where we have forbidden web services to connect direct;y with the outside
world.  So I've written a proxy mechanism that stands half in the protected
perimeter and half out.    But we're still authenticating.

Perhaps you can figure out a strategy for authenticating and creating a
time-limited token that can be taken offline.   The hook to do something
like that is in the System property -Dctakes.umlsaddr

Peter

Peter