> On 29. Jul 2024, at 12:14, Finan, Sean
> <sean.fi...@childrens.harvard.edu.INVALID> wrote:
>
>> Btw. how about setting up a GitHub action for building cTAKES?
>
> I thought about that when we switched over from svn.  I didn't do it myself
> because I am happy with Jenkins.

Right, I honestly forgot that there's Jenkins.

I guess that's because I didn't see Jenkins badges on the PRs:

* https://github.com/apache/ctakes/pull/21

Cf.

* https://github.com/apache/uima-uimaj/pull/370

I can see you're still using "traditional" UI-configured Jenkins jobs instead
of Jenkins pipelines
that are managed in the version control.

Would you mind if I set up a pipeline build that can handle PRs for cTAKES by
copying the approach
I have taken in UIMA?

See also:

* https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/UIMA/job/uima-uimaj/
* https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/UIMA/configure
* https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/UIMA/job/uima-uimaj/configure

That approach is using a shared repo that contains the actual pipeline
configuration which is
used by all UIMA sub-projects. I'd probably temporarily use that for cTAKES as
well but it should
eventually be cloned to a separate repo for cTAKES.

* https://github.com/apache/uima-build-jenkins-shared-library/tree/main

Cheers,

-- Richard