We're rappidly approaching time to do the 2.0.9 and 2.1.3 releases.
It's been about 10 week since 2.0.9 and 7 weeks since 2.1.2.   We have
33 issues resolved for 2.0.9, and 38 for 2.1.3.   Thus, we probably
should consider doing some releases shortly.

HOWEVER, my hard drive crashed this week and part of recovering from
that, I kind of realized that someone else really should try doing a
release to make sure the knowledge is spread out a bit and isn't all
bottled up in my head.    Thus, I'd like to ask for volunteers for doing
the releases.   If no one jumps up, I'll be happy to do it, but it would
definitely be good to get someone else involved.

Requirements:
1) The release process is MUCH easier and more reliable on a Linux or OSX
box.   Things like gpg and ssh/scp "just work".  If someone want to try
Windows, I'm not sure how much I can help.

2) gpg installed and a gpg key generated and available in the public key
servers.   Ideally, it would be signed by other apache folks, but that's
not a requirment.  Anyone near Boston, we could meet for lunch and sign
keys if you want.

3) Time - before building the release, you need a few hours to review
release notes, notice/license files, rat reports, etc....   Post
release, there is syncing to the maven repo, updating confluence, some
JIRA admin things, etc....   Basically, a few hours ahead of the build,
an hour to build, three days for the vote, and a few hours afterword.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, speak up.  I'd be happy to look over
your virtual shoulder while you do the stuff to make sure it's all done
right.   Not a problem.

Thanks!

--
J. Daniel Kulp