On Mon March 30 2009 6:26:35 pm Rao, Sameer V wrote:
> Since XJC already supports using single package name for multiple
> schemas with different namespace by means of passing the -p parameter,
> why should this feature be disabled?

I believe (at least at one point), that this was one of the parameters that
could not be passed programmatically into jaxb.   For example, the -npa flag
isn't passable as well:

That said, it may have been fixed at one point.   -npa is supposed to be fixed
on the JAXB trunk to be part of jaxb 2.1.11.   If you tested with the -xjc-p
thing, then it probably does work now and we could switch to that.

> If we pass -xjc-p,<package-name> in the wsdl2java then XJC should (and
> does pick) up the single package for all namespaces and builds 1
> ObjectFactory.java with createxxx() for all the types. It also generate
> the package-info.java with the with namespace that is most frequently
> used and in other JAXB classes it creates the XMLElement with the name
> and namespace.

Cool.   Maybe eliminate the error and pass it that way.  That would be
perfect.

> One thing I noticed is that JAXBDataBinding class  is actually passing
> the default packagename passed to the wsdl2java to XJC. Should it be
> doing that? Instead it should just let the user pass JAXB package
> through the -xjc argument.
>
>        if (context.getPackageName() != null) {
>
> schemaCompiler.setDefaultPackageName(context.getPackageName());
>         }
>
> The context.getPackageName is the -p parameter of wsdl2Java (i.e. the
> default package for the service interface, fault-class etc. Should we be
> really passing the same to databinding compiler - XJC?

The purpose was to allow  things to be easily specified in one place and the
tooling could separate things out.   Basically, allow a single -p blah to dump
everything out in blah if that's possible.   If we can map the -p into xjc's -
p flag, that would accomplish that.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp