Sergey,

I think it is important that we work toward a clearly stated goal here. You
originally recruited me to plug in Aegis to JAX-RS because, as I recall, the
DOSGi people wanted a way to use JAX-RS without the burden of JAX-B and
other related components.

Now, on the one hand, Aegis+Jettison produces very ugly JSON, and we do not
have any design at hand to support a read side without making even uglier
demands on the producers of the JSON we would read. It doesn't produce such
beautiful XML, either.

On the other hand, the Jackson components are small and produce clean JSON,
and if Tatu hasn't packed them up as OSGI bundles yet, I'm sure he will.
Heck, I'd rather spend time on that with him that adding more lipstick to a
distinctively porcine combination of Aegis and Jettison.

If I've misremembered or mistated the goal here, please correct me.

--benson