On Thu February 11 2010 5:42:08 am Rick McGuire wrote:
> On 2/10/2010 4:07 PM, Bryant Luk wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > We (some followers to Wink dev mailing list) were wondering if the CXF
> > dev community would be interested in helping to contribute/consume a
> > JAX-RS 1.0/1.1 API JAR for Geronimo's spec jars that were Apache
> > licensed.  I couldn't find an Apache licensed version of the JSR-311
> > spec.  I see other communities that have implemented JSR specs are
> > using Apache licensed of their specs.  I don't know the exact
> > procedure to contribute a spec api jar to Geronimo, but I don't think
> > this would take too much effort considering that most of the JAX-RS
> > spec is annotation/interface based with very few actual classes.
>
> Creating a JAX-RS spec jar is definitely in our plans, but it just
> hasn't happened yet because we haven't started looking at integrating
> this support yet.  We even have a Jira open for this particular task:

> If you'd like to contribute code for this, the easiest way would be to
> attach a patch to that Jira issue.

Either that or if people wanted to collaborate on it, create a directory in:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cxf/sandbox/
and work on it and then have the Geronimo folks move it to specs when its
"ready".

The CXF sandbox is open to all Apache committers.    The JAX-WS 2.2 spec jar
was initially created that way.  Dims and I worked in the sandbox till it was
more or less ready.

THAT said, for CXF on trunk and using Java 6, we've gone back to using the in-
jdk versions of stuff if at all possible. (which wouldn't apply to jax-rs
obviously)   One reason is that the Sun stuff is much better javadoc'd and
we've had some developers complain about that when working in IDE's.   To
switch from Sun's version, that is something that would need to be addressed
as well.

Dan

> Rick
>
> > On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 2:50 PM, Davanum Srinivas<dava...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> >> Got it. i mis-remembered seeing a jax-rs api jar from geronimo. Looks
> >> like CXF uses the CDDL jar as well. May be we should ping them to see
> >> if they would be interested.
> >>
> >> +1 from me.
> >>
> >> -- dims

> >> --