+1 to the sandbox.  Thanks Bryant.

We should probably go ahead and create a separate part of the tree and stub
out some of the 1.1 interfaces/changes as well.

-Nick

             Bryant Luk
             <bryant....@gmail
                                       dev@cxf.apache.org
             02/11/2010 09:08                                           cc
             AM                        wink-...@incubator.apache.org, Rick
                                       McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Re: Apache Licensed JAX-RS Spec API
             wink-...@incubato         JAR
               r.apache.org

I did some work on this since most of the stuff is just
interfaces/annotations and that's fairly easy, and I can contribute my
initial stab at this.  I didn't JavaDoc it but that's something that
can be added.  If no one minds, I'll put it in the CXF sandbox.

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 8:46 AM, Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Thu February 11 2010 5:42:08 am Rick McGuire wrote:
>> On 2/10/2010 4:07 PM, Bryant Luk wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > We (some followers to Wink dev mailing list) were wondering if the CXF
>> > dev community would be interested in helping to contribute/consume a
>> > JAX-RS 1.0/1.1 API JAR for Geronimo's spec jars that were Apache
>> > licensed.  I couldn't find an Apache licensed version of the JSR-311
>> > spec.  I see other communities that have implemented JSR specs are
>> > using Apache licensed of their specs.  I don't know the exact
>> > procedure to contribute a spec api jar to Geronimo, but I don't think
>> > this would take too much effort considering that most of the JAX-RS
>> > spec is annotation/interface based with very few actual classes.
>>
>> Creating a JAX-RS spec jar is definitely in our plans, but it just
>> hasn't happened yet because we haven't started looking at integrating
>> this support yet.  We even have a Jira open for this particular task:
>>
>> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-5095
>>
>> If you'd like to contribute code for this, the easiest way would be to
>> attach a patch to that Jira issue.
>
> Either that or if people wanted to collaborate on it, create a directory
in:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cxf/sandbox/
> and work on it and then have the Geronimo folks move it to specs when its
> "ready".
>
> The CXF sandbox is open to all Apache committers.    The JAX-WS 2.2 spec
jar
> was initially created that way.  Dims and I worked in the sandbox till it
was
> more or less ready.
>
> THAT said, for CXF on trunk and using Java 6, we've gone back to using
the in-
> jdk versions of stuff if at all possible. (which wouldn't apply to jax-rs
> obviously)   One reason is that the Sun stuff is much better javadoc'd
and
> we've had some developers complain about that when working in IDE's.   To
> switch from Sun's version, that is something that would need to be
addressed
> as well.
>
> Dan
>

>> Rick