Hi Alessio,

On 09/29/2010 10:24 AM, Alessio Soldano wrote:
I actually had a brief chat about this with Dan yesterday. The main
reason seems to be in WS-RM needs, but I still need to look at the
details (to understand what actually needs to be copied from one
exchange to the other). Besides that, there're probably other
requirements related to visibility of context properties.

So, I can't be miles off the wrong track then. :-)

Yes, the ability to implement some form of reliable messaging (by which I mean both WS-RM or also, perhaps, CXF's own notion of reliability) was the first obvious thing that sprang to my mind. However, I wondered if there was some deeper reason and if so whether it was an artefact of the current CXF design or was down to some other necessity intrinsic to WS.

regards,

Andrew Dinn