On Friday 26 November 2010 6:47:11 pm Dennis Sosnoski wrote:
> My original message is included in this one, at the bottom. There are
> three different variations of Checkstyle errors: 1) unexpected char:
> 0xFFFF; 2) Missing a header - not enough lines in file; and 3) Wrong
> order for import.

Occasionally, when importing the  projects, Eclipse gets confused and doesn't
get everything setup correctly.   Steps to resolve:

1) From the command line, re-run "mvn -Psetup.eclipse" to make sure everything
is regenerated properly.

2) Select all the projects in eclipse and do File -> Refresh to reload them

3) Select all the projects and do a Project -> Clean to force eclipse to
rebuild them.

If  that DOESN'T help, then right click on one  of the projects and bring up
the properties for it.   On the "Checkstyle" page, make sure it says it's
using the "CXF Checks - (Global)"  configuration.   If it's not, that's the
issue.   The -Psetup.eclipse profile should be injecting  the CXF Checks
configuration into your workspace (which, by default, is ../workspace from the
cxf directory).   If that didn't work, you may need to add
-Declipse.workspace.dir=/path/to/workspace to the command line to make sure it
gets added.

The BEST option which definitely helps with the maven eclipse plugin is to
edit your ~/.m2/setttings.xml and add a profile like:

    <activeProfiles>
        <activeProfile>extra</activeProfile>
    </activeProfiles>
    <profiles>
        <profile>
            <id>extra</id>
            <properties>

<eclipse.workspace>/home/dkulp/working/workspace</eclipse.workspace>
                <downloadSources>true</downloadSources>

<eclipse.workspace.dir>/home/dkulp/working/workspace</eclipse.workspace.dir>

<eclipse.output.directory>${project.build.outputDirectory}</eclipse.output.directory>
            </properties>
        </profile>
    </profiles>

or similar which pretty much makes sure everything always points to the right
workspace and sources are always downloaded and such.   Pretty much would help
with ANY maven project where you may use the maven-eclipse-plugin.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dk...@apache.org