>> May be we can make SearchConditionBuilder an abstract class? Have an
>> > internal FiqlSearchConditionBuilder as the default instance ...
>>
>> Yeap, you have just verbalized what I wanted to do.
>
> Sorry about it Andy, can't help it, not a great habit :-)

Quite opposite, it is good habit, it decreases misunderstanding; it was just
my confirmation we are on the same page.

Regarding SimpleSearchCriteria flaw it is rooted in
SearchCriteria.getCondtition() interface operation that I think must be
removed from the contract. It suggests possibility of using type T as
condition data holder which was actually done in SimpleSearchCriteria. And
this led us to limitation with primitives properties which is the reason of
our problem now. Anyway, the rework has begun ;)

Another hint for environment. Being seasonal contributor I faced problems
with JDK1.5 build. I did not spot problems since I am using JDK1.6 locally
and generated Eclipse workspace did not force me to use compatibility with
1.5. Maybe maven should generate by default code compatibility 1.5 instead
of latest-greatest; this way we would reduce problems injected by
contributors regenerating workspace.

cheers,
-andy.