Every MBean should have a unique id so that we can work with it later
on individually.
0, 1, 2, 3, n, represents the unique part in the otherwise same URI.
When working with MBeans (when populating MBeans collections, etc) you
need to associate some unique number with every MBean. Have some local
AtomicInteger var, have some map there which will keep pairs like
id: Mbean ref

and generate 'id' dynamically if none already exists in the map for a
given MBean

may be it should be

Map<String, Integer>
where String is a canonical name.

So when later on you process something like
/mbean/234

you can get 234, use it to find the canonical name (or actual JMX
MBean reference), and use the latter to init an instance of
MBeanResource which will deal with the request

Ping me on IRC please if you have any questions
Cheers, Sergey

--
Sergey Beryozkin

Application Integration Division of Talend
http://sberyozkin.blogspot.com