Hi Shenglin

Sorry for a few days delay in commenting about your test project which
you posted to me,
I just looked at the code, here are the comments.
First of all, it's a good progress, I think you are on the way to
completing the 1st phase of the project, we should aim at the end of
the next week. The code needs some cleanup and a bit of refactoring,
but overall it's not too bad at all.

So here are the comments:
- You need to make sure list() function, when called multiple times,
returns the same result. What will happen, with the way you wrote it,
is that individual MBeans will have different hrefs every time list()
is called. That means the ID allocator also has to be a JAX-RS server
field. Make sure the ID allocator and Map are thread-safe.

- resource methods handling service/{service}, port/{port},
type/{type} and objectname/{objectname} are just duplicating each
other - can you please review what we were discussion about having a
single resource method which deals with queries where individual
attributes such as 'service' or 'port' are provided ?  We can have
many attributes so we can' allocate a new resource method per every
possible attribute a given MBean may have.

- list() and resource methods handling service/{service}/etc return
different MBean representations, service/{service}/etc methods should
also return MBeans with *href* attributes. Basically all JMXServer
resource methods returning MBeans should return MBeans with hrefs, and
those hrefs should be the same for a particular MBean across multiple
calls. The order of calls (ex, list() is called first or
service/{service}) must not make any difference as far as creating and
locating correct MBean href values is concerned. Just make sure that
all of those methods delegate to some common function which checks if
an 'id' has already been allocated for a given MBean and if yes then
use the existing href.

- /mbean handler is correct, as far as using subresource locator is
concerned, very good. Note it should only use list() if no mbean with
a given id has already been saved in the map before. Another thing is
that CxfMBean which is also a JAXB bean is better not to be a
subresource. It will be cleaner for our purposes to have a dedicated
subresource handler, MBeanResource for ex, because we will need to
deal with property updates and handling notification updates, etc.
CxfMBean will just grow too large and it may also affect  its JAXB
serialization/etc

- Remove Cxf prefixes from all you domain classes, and instead of
adding individual CxfMBeanAttribute setters such as setService, etc,
add some Pair class which holds name and value and then add a
List<Pair> to CxfMBeanAttribute, this is to make sure new attributes
can be handled easily

Please focus on the above, once you are done we'll discuss again how
to avoid registering lists of JAXWS and JAX-RS endpoints with JAX-RS
server, as well as what we can do about dealing with the CXF Mbean
dealing with statistics, and how to handle notifications to do with
changes of individual CXF MBeans.

Thanks, Sergey