Hi Aki
On 08/12/11 11:23, Aki Yoshida wrote:
Hi Sergey,

I think there is a possibility to use one schema that works for both
of them, thereby making things a lot simpler. You will lose some
degree of strictness in the combined schemas (i.e., certain attributes
are available but have no associated semantics and simply ignored when
configured in spring or one way or the other). But we can document
this divergence in the merged schema's document/annotation elements.

I am planning to take this approach for the ws-rm component. The
background to this is
tracked at

http://cxf.547215.n5.nabble.com/thought-on-spring-and-blueprint-configuration-schemas-tt5052010.html

Thanks for this link. I think it can be even up to a given module to decide which strategy to follow; having a single schema to be used in Spring and Blueprint is an option,
I'd still consider such a single schema being equally useful in both
cases and then if really needed have say a Blueprint specific schema adding something new to the shared one; There was some interest in CXF supporting CDI, I'm not sure if the developers who volunteered to work on that still do anything or not :-), but if it were to happen at some stage then the jaxrs frontend at least would have 'problems' :-) with a single schema only case, though it is a bit hypothetic at this stage.

Personally I'd be happy at this stage if we could agree that CXF schemas will have, when possible a common namespace to be shared between Spring & Blueprint; it would be the next step then how to realize that at the lower level at per-module basis, for example, using either of the 4 options listed in your email or some other approach

Cheers, Sergey

regards, aki