You may also have better luck if you replace the saaj-impl and jaxp-ri jars
with just the servicemix bundle jar from:

http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/servicemix/bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.saaj-
impl/1.3.18_1/

It includes the parts of jaxp-ri that are required by saaj, but doesn't add
the META-INF/services things that could cause issues with wrong XML parsers
and such being picked up.

Dan