On 20/08/12 22:17, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:
two distinct RP webapps (let say in different tomcat).

currently it "almost works" because with 401 the client (browser) will
cache authorization header so it will seem it work but since you change the
way you login (and the user/pass is no more in headers) it can't work
anymore (typically a form).

This seems like a state management issue to me. Fediz currently relies on the servlet container to manage the session state, so if you say have the single application running on two Tomcat containers then Tomcat has to be configured to get the state shared between multiple containers, I recall I saw some material on the web on how to do it,

Alternatively, the state can be managed by Fediz itself (similarly to the way we do it with Web profile), may be we can support that too once CXF-centric extensions are added

Cheers, Sergey

The point today is "what's next' in IDP? I mean, does fediz aims to provide
extensibility or will user need to fork the IDP to get some custom features
(i know the answer will not be yes or no ;), but a state is important IMO)?

*Romain Manni-Bucau*
*Twitter: @rmannibucau*
*Blog: http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com*