Hi

On 03/09/12 11:11, himanshu wrote:
Hi everyone,
We are facing a a issue in weblogic with Apche CXF,(Have been looking for a
solution since long)
We are using weblogic 11g(OCCAS) on linux machine.
Its in cluster ,application gets deployed through the admin server on
engines.
We are using APACHE CXF for the REST based request processing in the
application.
The issue which we are facing is :

If we stop and then start the deployed application from the console, It
shows active on the Page.Now if we hit the REST web service using REST
client it gives 500 -internal server error.
But only the POST REST requests are giving this error however the GET
requests works fine.But if we wait for some time(ranging from 15 sec to 12
min) the POST request also start responding successfully.
The application is deployed in a cluster ,we have noted this issue on the
Envoirnments where the admin-server is on another machine and the engines
are on differnet machines.Its works fine on the ENV where the both the admin
server and engine are on the same machine.
We have enabled the CXF logging as well but have not been able to notice any
exception/error in the logs.

I honestly do not think it is anything do to with POST, it appears that the actual service endpoint has not been initialized after a restart, in cases when the admin server is not collocated.

I'd try to isolate the issue somehow but I'm afraid I've nothing to suggest :-), it's a complex case...

Cheers, Sergey

I tried one thing which worked was I packaged the CXF.jar into the EAR
itself( instead of domain/lib) and set prefer-web-inf-classes Element.Then
the application started behaving perfectly fine.This seems that the classes
with POST functionality are taking time to load.
Anyone who has experienced it before or have an ifdea how CXF library will
be loaded in this scenario.
This is very urgent if someone can give pointers.

Exception trace is :
2012-08-22 01:54:44,812 WARN [org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain]
Application has thrown exception, unwinding now
org.apache.cxf.interceptor.Fault: argument type mismatch while invoking
public com.nsn.see.application.callerid.Registration
com.nsn.see.application.callerid.CallerIdService.registration(com.nsn.see.application.callerid.Register)
with params [com.nsn.see.application.callerid.Register@1d03015d].
at
org.apache.cxf.service.invoker.AbstractInvoker.createFault(AbstractInvoker.java:159)
at
org.apache.cxf.service.invoker.AbstractInvoker.invoke(AbstractInvoker.java:133)
at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.JAXRSInvoker.invoke(JAXRSInvoker.java:130)
at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.JAXRSInvoker.invoke(JAXRSInvoker.java:82)
at
org.apache.cxf.interceptor.ServiceInvokerInterceptor$1.run(ServiceInvokerInterceptor.java:58)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:441)
at
org.apache.cxf.workqueue.SynchronousExecutor.execute(SynchronousExecutor.java:37)
at
org.apache.cxf.interceptor.ServiceInvokerInterceptor.handleMessage(ServiceInvokerInterceptor.java:106)
at
org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain.doIntercept(PhaseInterceptorChain.java:236)
at
org.apache.cxf.transport.ChainInitiationObserver.onMessage(ChainInitiationObserver.java:109)
at
org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.ServletDestination.invoke(ServletDestination.java:98)
at
org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.ServletController.invokeDestination(ServletController.java:394)
at
org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.ServletController.invoke(ServletController.java:133)
at
org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.AbstractCXFServlet.invoke(AbstractCXFServlet.java:142)
at
org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.AbstractHTTPServlet.handleRequest(AbstractHTTPServlet.java:179)
at
org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.AbstractHTTPServlet.doPost(AbstractHTTPServlet.java:103)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)
at
org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.AbstractHTTPServlet.service(AbstractHTTPServlet.java:159)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:227)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invokeServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:125)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:300)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:183)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.doIt(WebAppServletContext.java:3692)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:3656)
at
weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:121)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute(WebAppServletContext.java:2268)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute(WebAppServletContext.java:2174)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java:1451)
at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:201)
at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:173)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: argument type mismatch
at
at
at
org.apache.cxf.service.invoker.AbstractInvoker.performInvocation(AbstractInvoker.java:173)
at
org.apache.cxf.service.invoker.AbstractInvoker.invoke(AbstractInvoker.java:89)
at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.JAXRSInvoker.invoke(JAXRSInvoker.java:130)
at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.JAXRSInvoker.invoke(JAXRSInvoker.java:82)
at
org.apache.cxf.interceptor.ServiceInvokerInterceptor$1.run(ServiceInvokerInterceptor.java:58)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:442)
at
org.apache.cxf.workqueue.SynchronousExecutor.execute(SynchronousExecutor.java:38)
at
org.apache.cxf.interceptor.ServiceInvokerInterceptor.handleMessage(ServiceInvokerInterceptor.java:106)
at
org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain.doIntercept(PhaseInterceptorChain.java:236)
at
org.apache.cxf.transport.ChainInitiationObserver.onMessage(ChainInitiationObserver.java:109)
at
org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.ServletDestination.invoke(ServletDestination.java:100)
at
org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.ServletController.invokeDestination(ServletController.java:394)
at
org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.ServletController.invoke(ServletController.java:133)
at
org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.AbstractCXFServlet.invoke(AbstractCXFServlet.java:142)
at
org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.AbstractHTTPServlet.handleRequest(AbstractHTTPServlet.java:180)
at
org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.AbstractHTTPServlet.doPost(AbstractHTTPServlet.java:104)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)
at
org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.AbstractHTTPServlet.service(AbstractHTTPServlet.java:159)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:227)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invokeServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:125)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:300)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:184)
… 9 more

I can share the detailed logs if required as well.
Thanks in advance.

We are sending a small XML file with 2 string values through REST.Actually
we didn’t suspected the param As:
1>  The application starts working after some time.
2>  The issue comes up only when the admin server and engines are on
different machines.
SO by this its seems that the server is not able to initialize the CXF
properly.