On Sep 6, 2012, at 9:40 AM, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-09-05 at 10:55 -0400, Daniel Kulp wrote:

>>> Not sure if this would be the best option for you, but some time ago I
>>> wrote some JBossWS tests related to http proxy configuration by using
>>> LittleProxy [1], perhaps it's convenient here too.
>>>
>>> [1] http://www.littleshoot.org/littleproxy/
>>
>> Cool. I see they just started a vote for 0.5 so if I wait a day or three, I
>> can just start with the newer version.  :-)
>>
>> Thanks for the pointer.
>>
>> Dan
>>

> I personally use Squid [1] running locally in non-daemon mode to test
> HttpClient against. It is one of the most widely used proxies around.

I was originally looking at this, but there is a big disadvantage:  it's
external to the build.   The nice thing about the littleproxy thing is in your
junit tests, you can pop up a proxy on any port, use it, bring it down, etc…
just like any other service we may be using.   It would work on every
developers machine.

Right now, we have ZERO coverage of the proxy support in CXF, even for the
HttpURLConnection based transport.   With the little proxy thing, I'm hoping to
rectify that.    That said, I don't think it provides all the various possible
proxy situations that squid can, but at this point, some tests are better than
none.   :-)

--
Daniel Kulp
dk...@apache.org - http://dankulp.com/blog