On Sep 8, 2012, at 4:33 PM, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
> I committed your patch with some minor tweaks. Please double-check.

Cool.  Thanks.  I'll take a look on Monday.

> The fundamental problem here is that SSL connections set up on a per
> request (or per client basis) when kept alive by the connection manager
> can be later leased to another client thread with a different security
> context if one is not careful.

Actually, I'm struggling with the OPPOSITE problem with the Async client.   The
Async client stores the X500Principal as the "state" for the connection (which
is great BTW).   Thus, subsequent calls that don't provide a state will never
re-use the connection.   I need to do a little work to store the principal, but
it all looks very doable.   Hopefully will finish that up on Monday.

> We can cut as many BETA releases as needed and as often as needed. There
> have been not that many changes since BETA2, so I would not rush BETA3,
> but I'll call for a release vote as soon as you need it. What I am not
> really comfortable committing myself to is any time frame for a GA
> release.

That's fine.   As long as there are "releases" in the central repo, we can at
least proceed.  For performance reasons, the async transport likely won't be a
default, but it will be available to those that may need it.   Definitely don't
push a beta3 yet (unless someone else really needs it) as I do want to verify
more tests with it, check how it will work in OSGi, etc...

--
Daniel Kulp
dk...@apache.org - http://dankulp.com/blog